Fripp Island Resort offers a 10-court Racquet Club complex with year-round play on eight soft Fast-Dry courts and two hard surface courts.
From Memorial Day to Labor Day the Racquet Club hosts social mixers, stroke-of-the-day clinics, daily drills, and other instructional options are offered by USPTA pros.
Mixed Up Doubles are held on Wednesdays from 5-6:30pm.
September 24, 25, 26 — Fripp Island Fall Clay Court Championship, sanctioned Fall tournament for adult players.
Fripp Tennis for Adults
- Stroke of the Day: M-F 9am-10am; stroke skills;
- Daily Drills: M-F 10am-11am; stroke and match play drills
- Saturday Morning Clinic: 9am-10:30am; skills and drills
Fripp Tennis for Kids
- Hot Shots: Ages 4-6; Tue, Thur, Fri 8:30a-9a; basics clinic
- Future Stars: Ages 7-9; Tue, Thur, Fri 9am-10am; drills, skills and games
- Juniors: Ages 10-16; Tue, Thur, Fri 10am-11am; drills and match play
Pickleball was created by three dads in Seattle, Washington, and got its unique name from their dog Pickles. Pickleball is a hodgepodge of several different sports, combining elements of Tennis, Badminton, and Ping-Pong. It is played with paddles and a modified wiffleball on a small tennis-like court in either singles or doubles. Having been created with the family in mind, Pickleball was specifically designed to be played by people of all ages.
The Fripp Island Racquet Club has 3 pickleball courts available for round robin play on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Sundays.
- Summer: 8:00am - 10:00am
- Fall: 9:00am - 11:00am
- Winter: 10:00am - 12:00pm
- Spring: 9:00am -11:00am
Coaches are available for beginners during Round Robin Play. If you wish to schedule a private lesson or reserve a court please contact the Racquet Club Office.